Saturday, May 13, 2017

This Week on the Island 05/14/2017



 ‘This Week on the Island’ is written by Doug Bennett and is an update to friends about happenings in Key West last week. Everything is true except for those parts that are lies.
The Weather: Beautiful. The pic is taken from the boardwalk by the Conch Republic Seafood on Thursday evening. Teeki and I were sitting at the base of the monument just by Buffett’s recording studio.
I purchased myself a new tricycle for my birthday and it actually got here on my birthday.
After getting it all together, I took the basket off the back and added the Teeki Kart and took the girl for a ride. There is a new entrance to Ft. Zack State Park. Teeki and I went by on Saturday.
We parked at my favorite bench at Ft. Zack.
The city is also building a concert venue.
The stage was being assembled for the Songwriters convention. It is at the corner of Green and Duval (think Sloppy Joe’s).
This pic is from last year’s convention.
The Rum Barrel on the corner of Simonton and Front has closed.
Did I ever mention how much I love living here.
Key West, You have got to love it
‘Close to Perfect, Far from Normal’
Doug Bennett
Lat 24.5591N, Long 81.8016W
GDougBennett@att.net

You may join this group by going to http://groups.yahoo.com /group/ThisWeekontheIsland/